For interviews, quotes and other inquiries, contact:
For interviews, quotes and other inquiries, contact:
- Savvy Parenting Advice
Reader's Digest, March 2012
- Don't Sweat The Small Stuff For Moms
Mothering Times, March 29, 2012
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms
Babble, March 28, 2012
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms: A Manual for Keeping Your Sanity
FemmeTales.com, April 8, 2012
- Be a Don't Sweat Mom and Allow Abundance to Fill Your Life
REAL Beautiful, April 9, 2012
CMoma Luncheon, Fundrasier
Guest Speaker / Booksigning
Relationships 101, Dr. Beth Erickson
Seattle Chapter American Heart Association
Go Red Luncheon - Keynote Speaker
May brings the Don't Sweat Meditation™ app to the iPhone:
Meditation that Adapts to You, bringing the wisdom of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with affirmations freshly authored and voiced by Kristine Carlson based on chapters from the Don't Sweat series of books. To learn more go to the Apple App Store or go to: Facebook.com/DontSweatMeditation or www.DontSweatMeditation.com
June / July
Aspire Online Magazine
Featured on Cover
Author: Kristine Carlson
Where to buy the book:
Publication date: Available nationwide on April 10th, 2012.
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Be part of the social buzz!
Get Involved in the Don’t Sweat Moms Community!
- Go to our Facebook page and share the best advice you’ve ever received about being a mother.
- Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #DontSweatMoms
- Pin an idea on Pinterest that will inspire moms to enjoy their families more. Use the hashtag #dontsweatmoms and we will re-pin your idea!
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive updates and stay informed when new Don't Sweat Mom videos are posted.
- Are you a blogger? Join the Don’t Sweat Moms social media campaign.
Help Us Spread the Word on Twitter and Facebook
- Super excited another Don’t Sweat book is here…Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms! (Great idea for Mother’s Day) http://www.dontsweatmoms.com
- I’m excited to be a part of the official Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff campaign for moms. http://www.dontsweatmoms.com
- We are a community of moms coming together to stress less and choose happiness more. Join us! http://www.dontsweatmoms.com #DontSweatMoms
Help Us Spread the Word on Twitter
- Every once in awhile a new book comes out that will strike a chord with just about everyone you know...this is it. http://www.dontsweatmoms.com #DontSweatMoms
- Love this uplifting book! Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms http://www.dontsweatmoms.com #DontSweatMoms
- The #1 Mother’s Day Gift this year is @KristineCarlson’s new book Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms. http://www.dontsweatmoms.com #DontSweatMoms
Help Us Spread the Word on Amazon
Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms - Book Trailer
I'm a Don't Sweat Mom
Become a Don't Sweat Mom
Join the Don't Sweat Mom Community
In the first new Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff book in nine years, Kristine Carlson shows how moms can live with less stress and more happiness. Carlson gives mothers tried-and-true advice that will empower them to find greater peace, joy, and harmony within themselves and their homes. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms reveals how to:
- Be a Mom, Not a Friend
- Balance Being a Woman and a Mom
- Pursue Your Passion, But Not at the Expense of Your Children
- Reclaim Your Family Time
Kristine Carlson captivated readers worldwide with her first three bestsellers, “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff in Love” and “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Women” and “An Hour to Live, An Hour to Love: The True Story of the Best Gift Ever Given”. Expanding on the phenomenal success of her late husband Dr. Richard Carlson’s work, (Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff series), Kristine is continuing to share the timeless wisdom of the “Don’t Sweat philosophy” in a celebration of Mother’s everywhere. In keeping with the Don’t Sweat tradition, she has written, “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms” to be released in the Spring of 2012.
Her last book, published April 2010, “Heart Broken Open”, was a courageously honest memoir of her personal journey through the depths of grief and mourning after the sudden and unexpected loss of her husband. This powerful book gained the attention and earned accolades of readers and media across the globe.
Kris is the American Heart Association Go Red For Women 2012 Spokesperson. In this role she will be a keynote speaker for annual fundraising events. As a speaker, Kristine’s unparalleled capacity to be transparent, vulnerable and authentic encourages and inspires her audience to be the same. She shares timeless wisdom and practical ideas that invite the audience to experience true freedom; the freedom to love, the freedom to heal, the freedom to overcome, and the freedom to succeed.
An unyielding believer of living in the moment and finding happiness in life, Kris has been featured on national radio and television broadcasts, including: The Today Show, Empowered Living Radio, The View, and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
A dedicated mother to her two daughters and “Nana” to her wonderful grandchildren, Kristine is deeply committed to spreading her message of love to the world.
1. What made you want to write this book at this time?
2. How does the “Don’t Sweat” philosophy impact parenting?
3. What kind of impact does “sweating the small stuff” have on children?
4. What is small and what is big (must handle) stuff when dealing with children?
5. What should parents strive for in creating the best opportunity for their child to thrive and grow to be a productive adult today?
“Kris Carlson extends the "Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff" series with much-needed advice for mothers, writing with an understanding heart and penetrating wisdom born of her own experience. Like her late husband Richard, hers is a gentle soul backed by a powerful and transcendent fire."
— Marianne Williamson, author of A Return to Love
"Kristine Carlson writes with the knowledge of one who's been there and the wisdom of one who knows that the proof of the parenting pudding comes when the children are no longer kids. And in true Don't Sweat... tradition, each of the 100 niblets is one any mom can apply to real life right this minute."
— Victoria Moran, author of Main Street Vegan and Creating a Charmed Life
“This heart-warming book will take you by the hand as you sort your way through the small -- and sometimes very big -- stuff of being a mom. Above all, in her thorough yet touching style, Kristine reminds us that being a mother is never small stuff, but a sacred undertaking that changes -- and builds -- lives.”
— Daphne Rose Kingma, author of The Ten Things To Do When Your Life Falls Apart, Finding True Love, and The Future of Love
“A heartwarming, important, and powerful book for all moms (and even some of us dads). Thank you Kris for continuing the beautiful legacy and philosophy that have made the ‘Don’t Sweat’ books accessible and life-changing for millions of people around the world, including me. This wonderful new addition to the series is an empowering gift for moms, dads, and families everywhere!”
— Mike Robbins, author, Focus on the Good Stuff
“Kristine Carlson aims the time-tested and highly effective ‘Don’t Sweat’ philosophy towards motherhood in this insightful, entertaining, and empowering book. A must-have for all moms!”
— Steve Maraboli, author of Life, the Truth, and Being Free
“Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms is a godsend for moms of all ages. If you have ever felt alone, isolated, crazy or lost as a mom, you owe it to yourself to get this book. As a mom myself, I felt delighted to read a book filled with such honesty, advice, warmth and love. Kris is a compassionate, inspiring guide to help us navigate the wild waters of motherhood. She has taken the Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff series to the next generation of greatness with this book. Wow!”
— Amy Ahlers, Bestselling Author of Big Fat Lies Women Tell Themselves
“As a mother and co-founder of a non-profit that works with parents and youth around the world, I know this book is timely and will truly bless the world.”
— Yvonne St. John-Dutra, Co-founder of Challenge Day, Be the Hero You've Been Waiting For
"Don't Sweat ... for Moms offers page after page of sage and gentle advice, the kind we all crave braving the enormity of being a mother. You will have at your fingertips a guide that will remind you night or day, that motherhood was never intended to be mastered and you are not alone
on this journey."
— Maryanne Comaroto, author of Great Relationships Begin Within, CEO and Founder SHOMI, LLC
"Kristine Carlson has done it again and I thank her for her words of wisdom and practical advice. We women need as much support as we can get as we juggle our careers, families, home lives, and yes, taking care of ourselves. For all of us who are just too busy trying to do it all, this book belongs by our bedsides for comfort reading and sage advice. Thank you Kristine!"
— Jennifer Siebel Newsom, Founder, Chief Executive Officer MissRepresentation.org
"Kristine Carlson has given readers a collection of powerful essays that invite Moms to enjoy their family time more and create happy homes where children can thrive and grow into successful and happy adults."
— Marci Shimoff, author of Happy for No Reason